Thursday 9 January 2014

Must watch! and some very good news

Just found this link on Quiltville's snips and snippets blog. Fantastic!


Astronomical Block Challenge with Karen Nyberg



Just had some good news too. I attended my first patchwork class at Busy Bees Patchwork in Newport, South Wales last autumn. The beautiful shop was burnt down in an awful fire just before Christmas. I felt devastated, not just for myself but for Sue and Sandra whose life it was. They had worked so hard to build up a successful business and it was the heart of the quilting and crafting community here in South Wales. Sue and Sandra, helped by many friends, ran open days this week in the local community centre to gather information from as many customers as they could. All stock, beautiful fabrics, threads and, above all, records had been lost in the fire. It is wonderful that they have found the strength to do this.
This morning Sue emailed to say that they will be running the beginners machine patchwork class starting next week in the community centre. I can't wait! Please have a look at their blog or website and send them a friendly message. I know it will be appreciated.

Have a great quilting day!

Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every one I get and try to get back to you as soon as I can.