Friday 4 September 2015

Absence

I am sorry that I have not posted for a while and should explain.

My brother Steve was diagnosed with colo-rectal cancer last year. He went through chemo and radiotherapy and earlier in the year was told that there was very little sign of the cancer left. However he got increasing problems and symptoms and was told last week he had secondaries in his brain and liver.
Steve was transferred from hospital to a hospice on Tuesday and died early on Wednesday morning. The close family, his parents, siblings, daughter and partner and his own partner were all with him in his final hours.

He was an outgoing, loving person who lived life fully. I miss him so much.


I do not think I have the energy to reply to messages and hope you understand.

Catherine

16 comments:

  1. I am so very sorry Catherine. Thinking of you and your family, much love Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear your sad news. Sending lots of love to you and your family at this difficult time. ((((hugs))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very sad and sorry to hear of your loss. Cancer is an insidious beast. Hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for your loss Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Catherine I'm so sorry to hear this. What a lovely looking, kind faced man he was.
    Take care Treasure and condolences to you all.
    HUG
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Catherine, I am so very sorry for your loss. Prayers for comfort and peace for all those who love and miss him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to read of your loss and my sincere condolences and warm thoughts and plenty of hugs to you and familyxxx I love your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry for your loss Catherine. Love and prayers for your family xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to hear your sad news Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry for your loss, Catherine. It is always so hard to lose those part of one's heart. Prayers being said for all, especially your brother that he is in peace now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so sorry for your sad news Catherine. My thoughts and condolences are with you and your family and your brothers family too. Hugs to you. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know not what to say, Catherine, except how very sorry I am to hear of the tragic passing of your dear brother. Thinking of you and your family at this sad time. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just started reading your blog last month. I lost my brother when he was only 48, and I have a sense of your grief. Your brother looks like a lovely person, and I'm so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Catherine! I'm so SO sorry. Sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Catherine: I'm really sorry to hear about your brother. I'm thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every one I get and try to get back to you as soon as I can.